Somewhere, God and the angels are laughing at me

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What in the hell...

Conversation overheard the other day...I've invented names for sharing purposes.

D: I don't understand why I am going to get in trouble with the ethics board. I'm not the one who broke the rules.
S: It doesn't matter, she mentioned your name. Says you do it all the time. Told her it was OK to do it.
D: But I didn't do it. I don't care if she said my name. Yes, I let people in all the time, but who cares? It wasn't about me.
S: GODDAMMIT why don't you understand? They will take you down too on the ethics violation. You will lose your license.
D: No I won't.
S: (clearly losing her patience with D) Look asshole, I have defended you to everyone I know. I told everyone who asked, no, D would never do that. You are going to stick to the story no matter what. I lied for you dammit. I can't have you fucking it up now. You need to deny you ever let people in, you need to deny all of it.
D: I am not going to get fired for a damn ethics violation I didn't even really do this time. I'm not gonna lie because I'm not gonna get in trouble.
S: You gotta stick to the story! You gotta lie! Don't you get it, if you don't lie you will lose your job because of this!

Basically, he needs to lie to an ethics board, in order to avoid losing his license on an ethics violation charge.

All this said in front of the couples children, who were clearly old enough to understand the terms "ethics" and "lie" and "stick to the story."
I don't know what these fools did, but I know their kids are growing up with a very skewed definition of what is ethical and what isn't.

AHHHH gringos. You amuse me more and more each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home